Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Getting my iPod serviced, Part III

The bad: DHL won't deliver since I'm not at home, won't allow pickup without authorization. first request to authorize pickup disappears in the void, so all in all I spend a week on phone tag with Apple and DHL, having to wait 48 hours between calls for the computers to update the status (they sure don't make them like they used to).

The good: drive to DHL, a few blocks away from my house. pickup the box, open it, put iPod inside fit-to-size foam. remove shipping label (Apple to me) to uncover another shipping label (me to Apple). seal box with nifty tape strips provided by Apple. hand box over to DHL, go home happy to eat dinner.

The bad: wake up early, check Apple support Web site. my service request has disappeared!!!

The good: receive an e-mail from Apple confirming they received the iPod. check out support Web site again, to see an updated service status.

Current mood: upbeat that reality is finally matching up to expectations.

And, of course, there's a part II.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home