Monday, February 14, 2005

Getting my iPod serviced, Part VI

Brief recap. My sychzo iPod was sent to be serviced, as part of the Total Apple Experience, using the DHL indelivery service.

The end result is that I'm being sent a replacement iPod, if only I can pick it up ...

DHL: there's a package waiting for you.
Me: cool. I'm never home to receive it, I'll just come pick it up.
DHL: not so quick, hotshot. you need pickup authorization.
Me: yeah, right, I ment after I authorize for pickup.

Apple: how can we help you?
Me: I need to authorize for pickup.
Apple: according to our records, you already did.
Me: that was for a previous package.
Apple: ah. ok. done. check back in 48 hours.
Me:

48 hours later ...

DHL: you need pickup authorization.
Me: but I ... nevermind.

Apple: how can we help you?
Me: I need to authorize for pickup.
Apple: according to our records, you already did.
Me: and it didn't work. how about we try it a second time?
Apple: ah. ok. done. check back in 48 hours.
Me: .

48 hours later ...

DHL: good morning. may I have your tracking number?
Me: here it is.
DHL: you need pickup authorization.
Me: I know. I called Apple twice already.
DHL: since you're already here, let me e-mail them.

10 minutes later ...

DHL: no response. why don't you call Apple and ask them to fax it?
Me: sure can do.

Apple: how can we help you?
Me: I need to authorize for pickup.
Apple: need to what?
Me: authorize for pickup.
Apple: ripsuck?
Me: pickup!
Apple: hopeluck?
Me: pickup!!
Apple: I'm not understanding. let me pull your records.
Apple: it says here that you requested your package be put on hold.
Me: no, I requested the package be authorized for pickup.
Apple: you didn't. our records don't lie. but, let me put your request in the system, check back in ...
Me: you realize we tried this twice? you realize it didn't work?
Apple: yes, check back ...
Me: how about, since I'm at DHL already, you fax it to them?
Apple: ah. ok. please hold.
Me:

Apple: according to our policy between logistics and DHL, we can't fax a pickup authorization.
Me: according to my policy between you and me, I need to pickup my iPod.
Me: how about you talk to DHL directly?
Apple: no can do. let me direct you to our customer rejections rep.
Me: sure.

Five impatient minutes later ...

CRRep: so you tried to change the package to hold due to a change of address.
Me: I did not such thing. I asked for pickup authorization.
CRRep: allow me to ignore your story. it's inconcievable since we don't allow pickups.
Me: that's not what you told me. that's not what happened last time.
CRRep: our policy is to not allow pickups.
Me: (to DHL) they won't send a fax because they don't allow pickups.
DHL: we had Apple pickups before.
Me: how about you authorize this one for pickup.
CRRep: we have a policy to now allow for pickups.
Me: how about you take it back and send me a new iPod through UPS?
CRRep: your sarcasm is lost on me.
Me: so exactly how do I get my iPod, if I'm never home to receive the delivery?
CRRep: we can change the delivery address to your office.
Me: and what if I'm out of the office when the DHL delivery arrives?
CRRep: will there be someone else to receive the package?
Me: you mean anyone can receive my package at the office, but I can't pick it up in person?
CRRep: we only require signature and a confirmed address.
Me: am I the only one that sees the illogic in this?
CRRep: pretty much.
Me: so you're saying that me receiving my package is not as important as it being delivered to a confirmed address?
CRRep: pretty much.
Me: argh! kill me now.

And, of course, there's a part III.

1 Comments:

Track comments(item)
Blogger Frisbee Girl said...

"Allow me to ignore you."

That's pure genius.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

1 Comments:

Blogger Frisbee Girl said...

"Allow me to ignore you."

That's pure genius.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home